Our Letchworth hypnobirthing course runs from The Letchworth Centre for Healthy Living and is taught by Jess Slender. This fully comprehensive antenatal class is delivered over 3 Saturday sessions from 9am until 3pm. The course is designed to give you everything you need to prepare for a positive birth and transition into parenthood. This is a hypnobirthing class, active-birth class AND a parenting class all rolled into one. Take advantage of our relaxed atmosphere to meet other parents-to-be in your area while our experienced instructors guide you on your journey. You can attend hypnobirthing classes at any point in your pregnancy, but most women start between 24-28 weeks. Birth partners are encouraged to attend.
What will you learn?
- Hypnobirthing Techniques to help you eliminate fear and anxiety and approach your birth feeling calm and confident.
- Breathing, visualisations and deep relaxation techniques to help you stay comfortable and fully in control during your birth.
- Home birth, hospital birth and midwife led units; understanding your options.
- How you can use movement and positioning to help your baby move through the pelvis more easily, including specific techniques to turn a back-to-back baby.
- Massage and pressure points for labour.
- Everything you need to know about water birth.
- Your options, choices and rights and how to get the most out of your maternity care
- Information on inductions and caesarean birth and how to have a positive experience when medical intervention is needed.
- How to create the perfect birth environment and what to pack in your hospital bag.
- How to create a useful birth plan.
- How to stay calm and in control if things are not going to plan.
- What birthing women need and how to be an amazing birth partner.
- What to expect from the early days and weeks of parenthood and how to cope with the transition.
- Everything you need to know if you are planning to breastfeed – the most common pitfalls, how to avoid them and where to get the right kind of support.
How much does it cost and what does it include?
The cost is £290 per couple. This cost includes our course manual, 11 hypnobirthing MP3’s, all course materials, access to private online support groups and ongoing support by email/phone from your course instructor until after your baby is born. Complimentary hot drinks and snacks are provided. If you have more than one birth partner and would like both to attend, please speak to us as we can usually accommodate this.
Sat 22nd Feb 2020 - Sat 07th Mar 2020
- Sat 22 Feb 2020 – 09:00 – 15:00
- Sat 29 Feb 2020 – 09:00 – 15:00
- Sat 07 Mar 2020 – 09:00 – 15:00