Our Bite-Size antenatal classes are taught by Tracy Sealey and Becky Talbot at Satyam Yoga Studios in Chesterton, Cambridge. Classes are held every Thursday from 7pm until 9pm. These classes are completely flexible drop-in sessions so you can choose to come to as many or as few as you like. Every week we will be discussing a different birth/baby related topic. There will be time for a cuppa and a chat with other local pregnant women before we finish off with a lovely, long hypnobirthing relaxation session. You can prepare for your birth, meet other pregnant women and reduce stress during your pregnancy by enjoying regular relaxation exercises. These classes are perfect for those of you who can’t commit to a full course, need greater flexibility or would like to spread your classes out over the whole of your pregnancy so that you get ongoing support from friendly local doulas. Alternatively, they can serve as the perfect top-up for those of you who have already done a full course or a taster for those of you who are thinking of doing one!
What to Expect
- Discussions, demonstrations and opportunities to learn in a relaxed, interactive and informal way.
- A welcoming and supportive atmosphere facilitated by experienced local doulas, hypnobirthing practitioners & antenatal teachers
- Opportunities to meet and socialise with other pregnant women.
- A safe space to explore your birth options, free of judgment or fear.
- Guided Hypnobirthing Relaxations
- Free hot drinks and snacks
How does it work?
You can either sign up for an individual class or buy three or five classes at a discounted rate. Once you have made your purchase simply choose the dates on which you wish to attend.
*Please note that classes are non-refundable*
How much does it cost?
Single Session = £35
Three Sessions = £95
Five Sessions = £150
Do I need to bring anything?
All of the essentials are provided including yoga mats and pillows for the relaxation exercises. Obviously, if you would prefer to bring your own, that’s fine too. This is not an exercise class, but some sessions may involve some moving around so we would encourage you to wear comfortable clothes.
Thu 06th Feb 2020 - Thu 18th Jun 2020
- 06 Feb – The Science of Giving birth
- 13 Feb – The Stages of labour
- 27 Feb – Breathing for labour
- 05 Mar – Coping with the sensations of labour
- 12 Mar – Preparing your body for birth
- 19 Mar – Birth Environments – your options and creating the perfect space
- 26 Mar – Water Birth
- 16 Apr – Caesarean birth
- 23 Apr – Homebirth
- 30 Apr – Induction of labour
- 07 May – Staying active in labour
- 14 May – Supporting women through labour
- 21 May – Making a useful birth plan
- 04 Jun – Encouraging your baby into a good position
- 11 Jun – Getting to know your newborn
- 18 Jun – Preparing to breastfeed