Hi, I’m Jess and I’m a recognised birth doula based in Biggleswade in Bedfordshire. I can support you and your birth partner(s) to make you feel confident and calm, supported and happy through your pregnancy and your birth. I will make sure you have what’s needed to make you feel
What is Hypnobirthing?Hypnobirthing is a fully comprehensive birth education programme, where you will learn simple but effective techniques to help you have a calmer, more comfortable birth. In your hypnobirthing classes you will learn:
- How to eliminate any unnecessary fear or anxiety and approach your birth feeling positive and confident.
- How to protect yourself from negative cultural perceptions and ‘horror stories’ about birth.
- Skills which will help you to control your fight/flight response during your birth so that you can avoid panicking and stay calm and in control whatever the situation.
- How to use deep relaxation, breathing and visualisation techniques to help you manage the sensations of labour, reducing the likelihood that you will need pain relieving drugs.
- How to ‘breathe’ rather than ‘push’ your baby out, reducing the likelihood of tearing or perineal trauma